Thursday, February 10, 2011

I guess I need some suggestions.

My blog is boring. I want it to educate people about EDs, although it seems to be focused on overweight and obese people right now. That's because I've been overweight and it still preys on my mind, and because most people are overweight or obese, and trying to lose weight. I'm just interested in it, that's all. And there's more information out there on fat than there is on anorexia, even if a lot of people seem to think anorexics are somehow "exotic" and intriguing. I have no idea why they feel that way. It's like being intrigued about heart disease--not a pleasant subject.

Anyway, I've been reading other people's blogs and see that they're intensely personal, written by people who are bravely open and honest. While I'm honest, I've only written one entry which was at all personal. So my question is: is that what people want to read rather than information? Do you know all the information already and are completely uninterested in hearing it again? Would overweight and obese people care about hearing from a former overweight person who now is anorexic? Do you think that I can't identify with your plight?

I think only one person is reading this on occasion, and no one else. I don't expect to get any answers to my questions, but I'd still like some, if you wouldn't mind. I can take this blog anywhere you want it to go. Just let me know.

2 comments:

  1. I'm here! I found your blog through Allens. Thanks so much for acknowledging my comment. I put some thought into it and may even do a seperate blog about soon. I'm VERY interested in hearing your story. Like you I think an eating disorder is an eating disorder. Weather you're anorexic or Obese, it's still abusing food to try and fix something that's broken and that's never a good idea. I encourage you to post more personal stories. I read blogs that are light and fun, but when it comes down to it, what I really want to hear is that I'm not alone in this crazy struggle with food. Even though I know I'm not, I feel like I have to be reminded everyday. Keep posting! I'll link you on my blog and maybe you can get some more traffic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited that you read and liked this blog to link to it. I'll link to yours, of course, but I doubt I'm going to bring in any traffic to you. Maybe someday?

    It's heartening to hear that we both believe an ED is an ED. Big men aren't treated well, but there's nothing like the animosity directed at obese women. People whisper--sometimes loudly--insults at/about them, stare, and otherwise are obnoxious.

    I've never understood the hatred facing the obese. I know I say that a lot, but it's true. I'm sure I'll say it again.

    You're not alone. My first weight loss diet was when I was nine. Fat and food have been my obsessions just about all my life. How about you?

    ". . . it's still abusing food to try and fix something that's broken . . . ." You're so right. I don't know what's broken with me. I'll read your blog to see if you've figured it out for you, and how long it's taken you to get to where you are now.

    ReplyDelete