Sunshine's Heart (see link to the right) posted these questions on her blog this morning. It's a good, interesting blog. She's smart and wise. I thought I'd join the group.
1. Are you a heavy or a light sleeper?
I go to sleep immediately because I stay up too late and crash. The sleep itself only lasts about four hours, then I toss and turn. I guess it's just from getting older, but it's driving me crazy.
2. If you could be a professor for a day, what subject would you lecture on?
I think Ethics, as part of the philosophy department. I took it in college and liked it a lot--made me think about how to be in the world. I'd like to do that for others, particularly young people who aren't set in their ways yet.
3. What skill have you always wanted that you do not have?
How do I narrow this down? I'd like to write better, play the guitar, draw beautifully, play the piano, sew like a pro, be a master baker . . . the list could go on forever.
4. Have you ever been in a real catfight?
Yes, in high school, during a basketball game. I went up for a jump shot, and a scrawny girl on my own team yelled that I wouldn't make it because I was "a fatso." I missed the shot, then whirled around and slapped her HARD across the face. She had welts for several days. I didn't even get into trouble with our coach or principal, because they couldn't stand her either. I still look upon it with fondness today. Oh, and she got really fat in middle age. Karma.
5. Summarize your week in blogland and in real life.
Behind in everything at work; thus I've been a nervous wreck trying to catch up. Real life has been a bitch. Blogland? I've been reading great stuff, and learn a lot from it. My writing seems to be a bit boring, and hardly anyone reads it. Even fewer ever comment on it. Still, I muddle along, talking to the wind.
I think you are great, Food Freak, and I always read your blog. I appreciate the support and encouragement you offer when you visit my blog too. It means so much. I'm so glad you participated in Drazil's BYOC. I love this weekly adventure. :)
ReplyDeleteKaren, you don't know how much that means to me. What a compliment! I respect you and your blogging tremendously, so it means a lot.
ReplyDeleteSo Drazil's questions are weekly? I'll have to start replying to them. It's fun and it does give us a chance to know each other better.
Drazil's questions are fun. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for being concerned about me. I'm not worried about the cheesecake causing a binge. Simply because there was no negative emotions involved with me eating it. I just ate it and that was all. It was hard for me saying to everyone that I did eat it. That brought up emotions. I feel incredibly selfish reporting food I ate/eat. When in parts of the world there are folks who go without or who don't have access to such a rich variety of foods. And also because for some who read about someone else eating cheesecake it might be a trigger for them. It's hard to share sometimes for those reasons.
On the other hand I have been on a 16 hour fast. Time to reak the fast. :)
mmmm, thinking about a turkey wrap or sandwhich :) :)
*break the fast....lol reak the fast...
ReplyDelete