Saturday, February 12, 2011

Copying the new BMI chart

I'll be by to post later. I've been reading blogs or sleeping all day long--nothing else! So much to think about and read out there, and not enough time.

Okay. Here's the BMI chart, which I made out of two other extended ones. If you run across any extended BMI charts, I'd appreciate it if you'd post them in a comment.

I'll put them on the site here (somewhere) with a link to one or two BMI calculators. Yes, as I wrote before, there are things wrong with this measurement, but it, plus waist size, are all we have for now. See you later.

Emaciated = Under 15 BMI
Anorexic = 15.1 - 17.3 BMI
Underweight = 17.4 - 18.4 BMI
Normal = 18.5 - 24.9 BMI
Overweight = 25 - 29.9 BMI
Obesity (Class I) 30 - 34.9
Obesity (Class II) 35 - 39.9
Extreme Obesity 40 - >40

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the new BMI chart. I'm glad not all doctors put stock in the BMI charts. They believe them to be unrealistic here in my neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Karen! I love your blog--it's full of interesting things to read.

    My doctor uses the BMI and waist measurements as factors in judging where a patient is as far as weight goes. He says they're like college boards, only a part of what admissions would consider when deciding whether or not to accept a student. I think that's a good way to think about them, as a jumping-off point--a tool--for further decisions.

    ReplyDelete