I've been well enough to have posted here every day, but got so back-logged on reading yours that I'd say to myself, "Self, don't worry about it. You can post after you're done reading." Obviously, I didn't. Part of that is that I have nothing much to say. I haven't done any reading or research on our eating disorders, and that's the whole purpose of this. It's evolved into a personal blah-blah-blah about me, which bores me to death. Nothing happens in my life as it does in all of yours. Oh, well.
I have to get two pints of blood at 1 p.m. today. Each pint takes 1 1/2 - 2 hours to deliver. Chick is going to have to wait there, reading, because I can't drive myself. Still too dizzy--and a bit confused--to drive. Shit. What happened is that my UC became worse, and apparently I've been have a lot of bleeding. I've only noticed it two or three times, but it must be happening in a more occult way, too. My count was very low a couple of weeks ago, and my family doc said that I met the criteria for transfusion; however, he said we could try heavy iron supplements and red meat to see if that would take care of it. I liked that idea better. But I had a CBC Monday, and the red blood cell count had dropped, not even stayed stable. He called me Monday night (he's never called me in 20 years) and told me it was time for a transfusion.
I should have much more energy, get rid of the dizziness, get my brain unfuzzed, etc., immediately after. It's like giving a thirsty person water. Instant satisfaction. I sure hope this pumps up the count, and that the colitis quiets down, so that this doesn't become routine. And then I can go back to work.
Been reading a lot of fiction for the past few weeks, which isn't common for me. Generally, I read non-fiction. I forgot how much fun it is. I'll be taking two books with me for the transfusion. They're both large print, so no matter how thick they are, they're fast reads. I'm halfway through one and don't want to be caught without anything to read while I sit there.
Okay. Gonna eat something before I go. You guys take care of yourselves, yes? I hope to see you later.
All that blah blah blah, is what makes blogs more real and personal ;)
ReplyDeleteSo keep up with the blah blah blah. whatever feels right to you. :) No need in worrying about not commenting on posts, that is just silly. Sometimes all we have time for is a blog then we want to log off and get involved with life around us. other times, we want to stay glued to the computer chair and just read away about all our blogger buddies and give our two cents, hoping we can help, cheer up or whatever. So be happy.
I hope the pints of blood stuff... goes by fast...
I'm sorry your UC is worse, FF. I hope you see some improvement soon. I've missed you around here. Take care of yourself.
ReplyDeleteSo glad to see you post. Doesn't matter the content--it doesn't have to be genius, ya know--just that you posted. I think it's a good thing to let this be a space to...say whatever you wanna about what you wanna.
ReplyDeleteHeal up. May God give your docs a lot of wisdom and give you a lot of calm and patience as you heal.
My mom had to have blood tranfusions EVERY WEEK for years. EVERY week. She'd be like death warmed over that last day of the week, get her blood transfusion, and her cheeks would have color and her body more energy. It couldn't save her, but it was the only thing to do when her bone marrow pretty much stopped making blood cells. It sucked, but thank God for doctors. I still miss her.
So, I hope the transfusion gives you some vim and time and good docs and treatment give you a lot of relief and life can normalize.
God bless, babe...
Also, thank God for donors. I used to be a regular blood donor (every 8 to 10 weeks, as I worked near a blood center so it was easy to give after work). Then they refused my blood when my autoimmune disorder presented and sent my antibodies soaring. I'm O-, the blood type they always want the most, and I still feel bad I can't donate. I loved donating.
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm so grateful to all those people who gave blood so it could go into my mom. And now..you. :D
I'm sorry things are so bad for you right now and I will be praying they get better.
ReplyDeleteTrisha, again--thanks. You're a sight for sore eyes.
ReplyDeleteIsn't that a weird saying?? You'd think the last thing you'd want to do with sore eyes would be look at stuff. Okay, I'm not THAT dumb. :)
Ah, KBO! I still haven't read as far back enough in your blog as I want to, but I'll get there. It's so nice of you to support my nonsense. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteJeez, PD. That's horrible about your mother. I guess it's better than dialysis, but shit. HOURS of her week, every week, forever, spent sitting in a painful chair with an IV stuck in her . . . . Well, we do what we have to do. She must have been a tough one. I'll bet she didn't whine all the time, either.
ReplyDeleteThank you for donating blood. I always wanted to, very badly, but by the time I reached 21 and didn't need my mother's permission to do it (she refused to sign the consents, every time), I'd had mono, which infected my liver. Yup, hepatitis. I can still get pissed off about it when I think of it, since it's such an important thing. Like you, I'm O neg, which they love.
I'm grateful to the person whose blood is circulating in me right now. I hope s/he has a splendid weekend.
Thank you for your good wishes, Christina. And thank you for stopping by, too.
ReplyDelete