It's almost 1 a.m. here, which makes it Saturday. Chick's beloved bicycle died Wednesday so he bought another one and tested it today. Oh no, no fancy schmancy thing with skinny tires and hardly any seat and 20 gears, etc. Just a common, plain bike like we rode as kids. I don't know if he's going to be riding his 15-20 miles on it every day--it looks kind of heavy. But he's strong. His hip was really bad today so he said he read under a tree by the river for a few hours instead of riding. Then he rode to the park near our apartment and played bocce ball. Such an old man! lol
In weight, I ate more than six pounds of food today. Yeah, hard to believe. I'm sort of in shock. And I'll have more food in about an hour or two. That's over 24 hours, though, because as you know, I don't really sleep, and don't ever go to bed because of my bum problems. My therapist, who I saw today, didn't believe me, saying that anorexics are notoriously inaccurate about their food intake. I replied that when I eat a 2-lb. container of cottage cheese, a 1 1/2 lb. whole piece of pork tenderloin, and two 15-oz. cans of peach chunks in heavy syrup--plus two DINNER plates of pasta salad (olive oil, not mayonnaise)--it's pretty damn accurate. I wonder if there's something that irritates me more than 1. injustice 2. essentially being called a liar.
The bowel troubles continue with lots of bleeding. Lots. Had the blood tests for the specialist who's squeezing me in Tuesday morning. They're considering steroids, but not until they give a few more tweaks to this safer regimen. God, I hate the thought of them.
I've been reading fiction like a maniac lately, at least one book a day, but usually close to two. The one I just started is really good--a medical thriller. I love that genre, especially when I'm dealing with hospitals. It would be very easy to squirt a bit of deadly, normally undetectable, drugs into my IV line when I get a transfusion. A psychopathic nurse who's been doing "mercy" killings on his/her own for several years just might do that.
If you don't see me for a long time here, you'll know what happened. :~)
Work left me alone for the past few days. I was getting quite pissed off. This is a medical leave of absence, not a vacation. I'm to have NO stress and was clearly told that doing any work for my employer was off the table. I know that it's a pain to figure out what they're supposed to be doing, as well as how to do it, operate the machines, use the databases, and whatnot, but if I'd died, they'd have to get a clue without me. So don't bug me. I explained this to my supervisor and I think he understands. But if he starts up again, I'll have to get much sterner. I'll never get better if I have to worry about work, too.
Oh, backing up. That cottage cheese intake baffles me. The only dairy I even like is yogurt, and that's only ONE brand. No substitutions. Lots of living bacteria and organic. Anything else--ugh. Why I asked Chick to bring some home is beyond me. I also poured a scheiss-load of sugar on it in order to get it down my throat, which is just as weird since I'm not normally much of a sweet eater. I'm not saying never, just not a regular sweet eater. I don't think I've ever eaten desert after a meal, for instance. I don't crave that, or don't think I do. Let's see what happens tomorrow. He brought home two containers, so I still have one left. I know he won't eat it since he has lactose intolerance (quite severe).
I have to make more Greek pasta salad tomorrow. Maybe I can convince him to go to the grocery store. I just hate to ask him. He did my laundry for me today. I'm getting way, way, beyond spoiled from all he's done for me this summer. He's always treated me like a queen, but this is incredible. The guilt I feel.
I wish I had something funny or uplifting to leave you with right now. I'll try to think of something for tomorrow. I believe I've read everyone's blog now, and commented when appropriate.
Off to sit in a lay-z-boy and continue reading about a virulent, biological weapon (a mutated Marburg/Ebola virus) released into the room when the President is giving his state of the union address. Every member of the legislature, Supreme Court, cabinet, executive branch, plus about 300 journalists, special invitees, et al., has been exposed to it--except one. And only one scientist has a chance at reversing it--an alleged terrorist, held in isolation at a maximum security prison in the Rockies. He was one of the engineers of the virus, and was working on an antidote when arrested. Can he discover a cure in time? And will the group which claims credit for the attack--Genesis--provide the antidote they claim to have if the president meets their terms?
See you guys tomorrow.
Hiya FF, sorry about the bowel troubles. I can somewhat relate, though I imagine not nearly as much as what you're going through. Just know that I'm thinking about ya! I don't know if you've seen my blog- I don't update as much as I should (I spend way too much time reading others!) but if you're so inclined it's here. Take care of yourself and keep us posted. Xoxo, Laura
ReplyDeleteGood AFTERnoon. :D
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry the bleeding continues, badly. But you're doing the no stress with work thing and eating, so, well, let's hope the doc is right on about what to do.
I used to adore adore adore canned sweet peaches over cottage cheese. One of my comfort quickie treats. I sometimes still have it with the no-sugar canned peaches or fresh peaches. But these days, I prefer my cottage cheese with cantaloupe and honeydew. Mmmm.
I used to read 1 to 2, sometimes 3 books-- depending on how short the book was--when I first got ill and had to quit work. It was my escape. As long as I read a romance or thriller or mystery or sci-fie or fantasy novel, I didn't have to face the crap that my life had become, healthwise. I could stop thinking about how hard it was to breathe some days. It was definitely my way of just getting through the day....Man, I became well-acquainted with used book stores, getting huge bags of books to take home to feed the read-need.
Hope the escape helps.
Later,
Thank you for your best wishes, WW. It's a compliment to see you here. I think I saw your blog before. You commented on someone else's blog entry and I clicked on you to see who you were.
ReplyDeleteYou know, I was a vegetarian for over 33 years. The only reason I wasn't a vegan was because of my terrible weakness for parmigiano reggiano. I know, I know--isn't that nutty? My vice.
So thanks for the link to your blog. I want to congratulate you from the deepest part of me for your success not only in losing weight, but especially for maintaining it. Continue the good fight.
Princess, you understand the escape into fantasy/another world perfectly. Yes, it blocks out my worries, fears, even physical pain. I used to be such a crazed fiction reader all my life. But for the past several years, I've only read non-fiction, most of it on line. It seems that non-fiction just isn't the same in its effects on the brain.
ReplyDeleteI'm terribly sorry to hear that you had to leave the work world because your asthma was that severe. I don't know how I could have missed that in your blog. Forgive me for not expressing my sympathy earlier. There must be a lot of pollen from honeybees in the air, not to mention the pollution just from being in a large city.
It's a marvel that you're able to do as much physical activity as you do. My goodness, woman, you're a wonder!
Food Freak, I'm sending you big hugs. It sounds like you could use them. I'm sorry you are going through so much. Try not to feel guilty about needing help. I know all about that as I still require a lot of emotional and physical support from my family. I do the best I can to make it up to them. That is all I can do and feeling guilty about it just makes it that much harder to live with. Hang in there and take care of yourself. You will be in my thoughts.
ReplyDeleteI needed your comment today, KBO. Yes, I'm rather blue. Okay, very blue.
ReplyDeleteThank you. xo