Thursday, April 7, 2011

Long time no see.

When I began this blog, I wanted to post once a day. Now look at me--skipping whole days. I've even skipped writing my book chapter summaries. I have to be more disciplined and get on the ball here. I'm behind  in reading your writing, even, something I always keep up with. But I've been this way even at work. Lots of work trouble, money trouble, migraine trouble, and other pain problems are interfering with my life. They must go and real life must come back. I'll work on that.

I got another book in the mail from Amazon yesterday that I think will be perfect for us. It's Psychological Responses to Eating Disorders and Obesity: Recent and Innovative Work. It was published in 2008 in England. Don't worry about the English side of it. I've read their stuff and seen documentaries made there that were more up to date that ours, that's for sure. But let's see before we judge it, okay? Then we can judge. Definitely have to steal some Post-Its from work because I can't get to the stationery store for a few weeks and I need them before then. I know--I can stick a buck or two in our petty cash box. There--that solves the problem. I hate copping anything from work.

Okay. Gotta go. There's a sale at King Arthur Flour and with my new bread baking hobby, I want to order some things. If you order over $60 worth of stuff, you get free postage. They're expensive, so I can easily make that big an order. I hate spending any money right now, but I need the stuff, so I'll be spending it soon, anyway. Better do it without $20 postage!

Take care today.

11 comments:

  1. I was glad to see a post from you. Don't worry about missing a day here and there or covering a book occasionally rather than often - we just enjoy hearing from you. I hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed a few days in the past month. Life is life. It takes over sometimes.

    But I am glad when I see on my blogroll that you've updated. Happy baking, babe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry about not posting. That is a rule you have placed on yourself, and life gets in the way for us all. That sounds like an interesting (and deep) book. Awaiting your review...

    ReplyDelete
  4. downsizers, you always make me feel good, even when your beautiful writing in your blog reminds me of how much work I have yet to do. Always so much work to make ourselves closer to what we want to be and get where we're going, don't you think?

    PD, yes, life certainly does take over! Twists and turns, and not all of them pleasant. Still, we soldier on, don't we? People are tough, and women are tougher than a lot of people--including women themselves--think. Just muddle on through. lol

    Hi, Jo. Ah, yes. It a rule I've placed on myself, isn't it? Maybe I'll back off and say it's something I'm aiming for but won't always get to. I'm glad you're interested in the book. The title alone attracted me. I love anything that ties obesity to eating disorders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is no finish line FF. We will always have to be ever vigilant. Everyone bears some kind of burden or another, everyone has a personal battle. This is what food/eating is to us. I do think true victory is won on the spiritual level. We are of three parts - like a three legged stool - body, mind, spirit. There is a part of us that cannot be explained through blood and tissue. A three-legged stool will not stand if one of its legs is weak.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just read about a book at Amazon.com - it's called Beating Ana by Cutts. Have you noticed this book? You might take a look at it. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm just now catching up - want to say thank you for your comments and thoughts...they mean a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heya FF, just checking to see if you're ok. Hope all is well and you're having a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Laura! I've been a little down lately. It's made me lazy. But if I don't come back here regularly, I won't feel any better, will I? So I have get over myself, read people's blogs, comment, then start writing again.

    Thank you for asking, but don't worry. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your kind comments to me. You are right that there is always the ED at the other end of the spectrum to contend with, and also about the possibility of a health problem, where we would need some extra weight to get back our health. It all certainly figures into the equation of What Is Normal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you're back. Read your comment about supplements - thanx!! You always have good information to share.

    ReplyDelete