Oh, kids, it's a mess. I wanted to see my doctor last week while I was off on break, but he was on vacation. He's back in the office tomorrow, so I'll see him then. The IBS is no better, and now I have pitting edema in my legs. The last time I had this, it was from anemia, which I do have, based on my most recent blood tests. So I'm sure he'll Rx iron again. I'm gaining weight, and it could be from water, but you know how upsetting that can be to someone like me.
Caron, I watched the Oprah episode on OWN through my PC--thank you! I only wish they were all available on line, because I won't be able to watch them in real time. Bummer. I see that the leader of the program believes as I do, that all of the disorders are the same under the skin, from obesity to AN, BED, COE, BN, BED, EDNOS, etc. I hope this show changes some minds about the whole subject regarding that. She did mention that it was a controversial belief.
I have over 2000 emails in my home inbox, and lord knows how many at work. I'm just so behind in everything. I have to let the stress go or it'll make everything worse, especially the IBS.
But I'm okay. Don't worry--I'm doing fine. I appreciate your concern more than you can know. Thank you for being there for me.
I hope everyone had a good holiday, if you celebrate one, and a good weekend in general. Take care, my friends.
I will be glad to hear when you are better. I recommend the book "Life Without Ed". I am reading it now and it's about how the author beat her anorexia. I wish I were close enough to give you a big hug but you know I care already. Let us know what happens with your doctor's visit. Take care of yourself. Just set a goal of maybe keeping up with the new emails and taking care of 20 old ones a day until you are caught up - just don't stress about it. Send a blanket email to everyone in your address book and just say you are blanking them all out and for them to resend if it was critical but you have to get on top of things then blank out all the ones from people in your address book. 2000 is a lot and can seem like 2 million to someone under stress. Thinking about you---
ReplyDeleteHey, FF. It is good to see you posting again. I was worried about you. Sorry about the IBS. I have problems too and the only thing that helps me are probiotics. I take a super probiotic capsule that has 20 billion live cultures every day to avoid nthe IBS. It help to keep things regular and decreases the frequency of my pain. I also take a regular dose of Miralax every day to keep things regular. IBS is a common problem after gastric bypass. I hope you are feeling better soon. I've missed you. Hugs. :)
ReplyDeleteFF, take care of yourself first. Deal with the emails - or not. Just don't stress too much over them. I'm glad to see you're back. Hugs.
ReplyDelete(((Hugs))) Don't worry about anything out here, just take care of yourself and know that we are thinking about you :)
ReplyDeletePlease keep updating. I want to know the edema/iron/etc is resolved soon.
ReplyDeleteAnd there has to be a way to just delete and weed emails. I mean, can you just delete them all, then send out emails to the people who matter that if they sent something in the last X days that was urgent, please resend? I remember when I had the swine flu in 2009 and was just out of it for a spell...and the email piled up and it was indeed stressful thinking about catching up. I ended up doing mass deletions. I wanted a fresh start.
So, be very good to yourself, please! Muah.
Have you ever been to this site?
ReplyDeletehttp://www.nourishing-the-soul.com/2011/04/five-for-friday-29-april-2011/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+http%2Fnourishing-the-soulcom%2Ffeed+%28Nourishing+the+Soul%29
I think there are some things here you might be interested in. Hope all is well.
Let us know how you're doing, sweets.
ReplyDelete