Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Quickie.

I see my FP today for a weigh in. He used to make me come once a month, but decided to let me go two months in between them. I've lost weight since I was last there. He will be displeased. The minimum he wants me at is 103 in clothes (100 naked at home). I got to that, totally freaked out, and began dieting to get it off, which I did. But now it's time to pay the piper. I just hope he doesn't make me start coming in once a month again.

I don't play any tricks with him. I could put heavy things in my bun (I have long hair), pockets, shoes, etc., and weigh in that way. I could drink a lot of water and hold my urine until after. I could do a number of things. But I don't with him. I could never disappoint him--he's the best doctor I've ever had, and he really cares about me. I can't lie to him, so I'll take it on the chin. We'll see what happens.

I got another book in the mail from Amazon yesterday. It's the one that was a penny plus shipping. It's in perfect condition, which I never expected. The title is Weight in America: Obesity, eating disorders, and other health related risks. It's full of graphs, charts, numbers, numbers, numbers, and statistics. I didn't expect that since it wasn't in the book description. I thought it would only be writing. But I've looked at the stats and think they'll be useful, so that's good.

I'm having some trouble at work with a coworker, as I may have mentioned before. I feel out of control over my job and whenever that happens, I don't eat in order to have control over something. I was very frank with him yesterday and the day before, and felt pretty good about it. I don't find it easy to confront people who are harming me, but I couldn't let it go. I doubt it'll work, but it helped me.

Okay. Time to go to work.

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got the new book you ordered. That will be fun to read and review. I can't wait to hear about it.

    I'm sorry there is a problem at work. Maybe speaking frankly to him will do more than you think. Have a great day. I will look forward to hearing more about the books you are reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love those one cent books at Amazon? I also love my kindle - there are free downloads and many 99 cents downloads. You can take so many books with you wherever you go. Only one drawback - you can't loan your books to others. My cover for my kindle even has a little reading light to pull out for reading in the dark without disturbing someone who is asleep with a big light or when you are in a poorly lit area. I was glad to learn you have a good relationship with your doctor. Someone who understands but has a little authority is a big help to you I am sure. I have worked with difficult people before. It's important to confront in a professional way if you still have to work with this person. You will feel better if you get it out rather than holding it in and compensating in other ways. It's easy for me to say but don't let others be in control of how you feel. Don't give them that power.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just came from a blog of a woman who also had an issue with her mother. janeisweighingin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, I'll try to review the book asap. I like the way it treats obesity as an eating disorder, too. Is it me, because I'm searching for it, or is it really happening, that there seem to be more and more articles and books putting the two into the same class lately? That's what I want, of course, so it could be just my attention to it.

    I can't wait to hear some of the recipes you make on your new eating plan. It'll be expensive, but worth it if it helps you to maintain your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. downsizers, I'll check out that blog. Thanks!

    Yes, I think that getting some of the things on my chest off to my coworker will help. I just want to get my point across to him, and agree to disagree. He doesn't understand the compatibility issue at all. Oh, well.

    I bought my mother a Kindle. If I'd known about the lighted ones, I might have gotten that. She could have used that. I asked her about it later, saying we could return that one and get a lighted one, but she had already used it and didn't think she needed that. I'm glad you like it. I think these are the start of the future of reading, don't you? I'm glad you like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not the kindle that's lighted - it's the cover that I bought for it so you can still do it. I do think they are the future. Kids won't be carrying those heavy backpacks - they will have their kindle or some reading device with all their books on it. Christina finally blogged. I was relieved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the info. So she could still buy one.

    That's great news about Christina. I'll go over and read her now.

    ReplyDelete